Bitcoin mining with Block Erupter USB miner and BFGMiner
I’ve previously made a post on how to use your Block Erupters using CGMiner, personally it worked for me when I was running a few erupters on a hub but as I increased my mining network and I started to use hundreds of erupters, I noticed CGMiner became a little bit buggy. So I decided to give BFGMiner a try, and so far I’ve been able to run over a 100 block erupters using BFGMiner without a problem.
What you will need:
Block Erupter COM device driver:
Download Driver Here
1. Download and install the driver for you Block Erupter.
2. Plug in your Block Erupters, Each Erupter requires at least 0.5A at 5V if you’re plugging them into a USB hub. If you’re need more information about which USB hub to use with your ASIC Block Erupter, visit our USB hub comparision page. Once you’ve properly installed the driver and your erupters are plugged in, you should see them appear in your Devices and Printers like the picture below.
3. Find the folder where you save BFGMiner and unzip the files.
4. Right-click bfgminer.exe and Create Shortcut.
5. Right click the shortcut to bfgminer-shortcut and click on Properties
6. Find the “target” box, and add the following information:
- -o YOUR POOL MINING ADDRESS
- -u YOUR USERNAME
- -p YOUR PASSWORD
- -G (if not using a graphics card on the same machine)
- -S all
- –icarus-options 115200:1:1 –icarus-timing 3.0=100
You can then move the shortcut to your desktop for easier access. To access your BFGMiner, double click on the shortcut you made and your miner should start.
You should read though the README.TXT file that came with the BFGMiner zip file to get to know how the miner works and it’s functions if you’re not familiar with BFGMiner program.